These last couple of weeks I’ve been thinking about all the weird things I do or just that I’m weird in general. No seriously. I do some weird things that I have no explanation as to why I do it. So I thought what better way to document my quirks than to do it in a blog post. So here we go!
1. Every time I put the key into my studio door, I say in my mind “righty open, lefty lock”. And this is every time. I’m just weird because righty doesn’t even rhyme with open.
2. I start my car, put it in reverse, then put my seatbelt on. Every single time.
3. I have to wash my hands before I brush my teeth at night. This is a given.
4. I have to sleep with my bedroom door open.
5. I bite the inside of my lip when I’m nervous. Which is often.
6. I refuse to sleep with a sheet. I just need a big comfy blanket.
7. When I leave my house in the morning, I push the lock, look in my purse to make sure I have my keys, then close the door. Every damn morning.
8. I’ve created a habit in the shower — first I shampoo my hair, then wash my face, condition my hair and then wash from head to toe. I don’t think I could ever break this habit. So weird.
9. I have to have all my bills auto pay or else my bills would never get paid.
10. 90% of the time I drive the speed limit.
11. I have this paralyzing fear of anyone around me dying. I don’t even like to talk about it.
12. I’m not as tough/strong as I seem.
13. I have this fear every time I go on an escalator with my youngest daughter that her little clothing or shoes are going to get stuck on there. Worst feeling ever!
14. I am shy…..you are like yeah right, but sometimes I can be really shy and nervous until I feel comfortable with my environment then I am just me.
15. I’m kind of obsessed with Amazon. 😉 I know this is an obsession and not a quirk.
16. The city I live in, it’s an absolute must that I find every Thai restaurant and try them. Once I’ve tried them all, I move to the outer city.
17. I can’t have tags on my throw pillows. Tags drive me crazy.
18. I get ridiculously excited when I hear 80’s music. That’s my jam!
20. I’m always freezing. Even when it’s warm, I feel cold.
21. I crack my right thumb at least 100 times a day.
*Photo credit : Jay Coates