At this very moment, I’m sitting in a C7 aircraft just leaving Hawaii. My family and I for our first time ever are using Space A flights. Which for those who aren’t familiar are FREE flights for military. That’s right! FREE! Holy moly guacamole the change in my pocket is doing the happy. I can’t believe we haven’t tried this sooner. I researched Space A flights months before we decided to try them and pretty much you can have the best experience or the worst experience. I however, have had a great experience thus far. Now maybe on our way back home I may have different feelings, but right now I seriously think Space A flights are such a privilege for the military and their dependents.
We left Guam for Hawaii not knowing when or if we’d be getting out on a flight to where we were hoping once we landed in Hawaii. When we landed in Hawaii we knew we would have two days before we could try for a flight out to Indiana. Now most people would probably dislike being stuck somewhere for two days, but I on the other hand was ecstatic to be on vacation stuck in Hawaii. First off, this is my first time here and second, I get to take pictures of it all. Holla!
Which brings me to what’s cool and what’s not so cool about Space A flight vacations:
* Being stuck in Hawaii for two days. COOL
* Not renting a GPS with your rental car. SO NOT COOL
* Air Force men in flight suites instead of commercial flight attendants. SO COOL
* Boxed meals on our flights. SO COOL
* Flights where you can’t hear your children scream, whine or cry. SO COOL
* Saving $5000 instead of buying commercial tickets. SO COOL with a two thumps up. Holla!
* Having all the leg room you want. SO COOL
* Jetlag! SO NOT COOL